More periodontists are realizing the visual enhancement and ergonomic benefits of using a dental operating microscope for Periodontal Microsurgery. Use of a microscope and microsurgical instrumentation (including instruments typically used for ophthalmic surgery) allows for surgical accuracy that is unparalleled to what is possible with conventional techniques.
Global Surgical was an early proponent of the training and use of surgical microscopes in dentistry. Our latest model, the A-Series™ dental operating microscope provides improved illumination and magnification enhancing the precision and manipulation of the technical aspects of Periodontics.
The A-Series microscope is designed to provide upright working conditions, alleviating occupational neck, back and shoulder problems. We also provide additional accessories to provide periodontists with high-resolution video and 35mm / DSLR for patient education, enhanced training, and insurance/legal documentation.
Here are the ways periodontists benefit from using a dental microscope in surgical procedures:
- Minimize the size of the surgical site
- Reduces patient discomfort and healing time
- Improves accuracy of microsurgical incisions and suturing with 6-0 through 8-0 sutures
- Permits precise tissue/tissue and tissue/tooth approximation for primary wound healing
- Improves detection and evaluation of root fractures and abnormalities
- Helps in evaluating the exact fit of implant prosthetic components and the health of marginal tissues around implants
- Facilitates sinus lift procedures through direct visualization of the sinus membrane during dissection
- Improves visualization and identification of:
- Root surface and adjacent intra-bony defects for definitive removal of calculus
- Implant sites with minimal space between teeth
- Quality of restorations and marginal tissues
- Abnormal soft tissue lesions of the gingiva, palate and mucosa
- Micro-inflammation during re-evaluation following non-surgical therapy
- Micro-level osseous surgery facilitating bone removal without nicking the root surface and allows for better periodontal ligament preservation during ostectomy
- Accurate subepithelial placement and suturing of membranes and subepithelial connective tissue grafts
- Precise control of laser surgery on adjacent teeth without injury to root or implant surfaces.
- Accurate and easier root amputations and hemisection.
- Also helps with periapical surgeries when required during periodontal surgery.
- Fine dissection of the mandibular and mental nerves for lateral displacement during mandibular implant procedure.
- Location of the periodontal ligament for atraumatic elevation of roots and root tips during extraction with concurrent ridge preservation/augmentation.
For over 25 years, Global Surgical remains the only true US manufacturer of dental microscopes, allowing us to reach our customers quickly and efficiently, whether domestically or internationally. Don’t just take our word for it, see what our customers have to say: latest customer testimonials.
Reach a sales representative at 1-800-861-3585 or fill out an online inquiry here. We’ll help you get started by scheduling an on-site demo so you can experience our quality first-hand.